Friday, March 26, 2010

Tour Diary #34

March 19th
The show tonight at the Mill in Iowa City was my final show of the tour, I had decided to head home since I had to work early on Sunday. It turned out to be the perfect end to an amazing tour. The show was filled with many familiar faces of family and friends such as my parents, my aunt Debbie, Neal and Jessie, John Nagel, and too many others to name. It felt wonderful to be back in Iowa, and I could really feel a great energy from the stage that felt like we were home and among like-minded people that were welcoming us home in a huge way. When Leslie and the Lys took the stage, they captivated the sold-out crowd in a way that only they can, and as I watched them I felt very lucky to have shared the stage with such an amazing, one-of-a-kind group for nearly 30 shows. Before catching a ride home with my parents after the show, I was faced with the very difficult task of saying goodbye to the four people that I had shared nearly every minute of my life with for the last five weeks, in the process becoming four of my closest friends, with whom I hope to remain close with for the rest of my life. On the drive home, I experience the last bump in the road that separated me from home when the roads became too snowy and icy for us to make it home, and we had to stop and stay in a hotel for the night. However, it was all worth it when I arrived home the next morning and began the process of settling back into regular life. This trip was definitely one the greatest experiences of my life, and I feel very fortunate to have been able to see countless amazing places, doing something that I love with some of the greatest people that I know. I am very grateful to everyone who was involved in the process for the immeasurable impact they have had on my life. Thank you.






No comments:

Post a Comment