Friday, March 26, 2010

Tour Diary #32

March 17th
I woke up super excited today because I was only a few hours away from hanging with my girlfriend, Kristy, who drove out to Omaha right after she got off work. She finally showed up bearing the gift of incredibly delicious strawberry cupcakes, some of which we devoured on the spot, and others of which were devoured later by Leslie and the Lys. Kristy and I then proceeded to get lost in Omaha looking for a restaurant where we could get a delicious veggie reuben (we eventually found it) and then got lost again trying to find the venue (which we eventually found also). At the show, I met up with my parents who had come out to see me, and also got to see one of my best friends from high school, Derek, who I hadn't seen in quite a while, so that was really cool. The Waiting Room is an incredible venue that was a ton of fun to play, and I even got my own drum riser on stage for the first time (which was kinda strange, but not as uncomfortable as I'd imagined). Right after the show, Kristy and I drove straight back to Des Moines, where I got to see my cat and sleep in my own bed for the first time in five weeks, which felt truly amazing and a little bit surreal.

Kriiiiiiistyyyy! In front of a magnificent portrait of a man


Chris warming up while Nate hula-hoops, no big deal

Me drummin'

No comments:

Post a Comment