Friday, March 26, 2010

Tour Diary #33

March 18th
Getting out of my bed this morning was one of the most difficult tasks of my life, I could have probably slept in there for about 30 hours if I had the opportunity. However, once I finally got up, I loaded up the car and went to pick up our friend Madison (who is also my brothers girlfriend) who was in Des Moines for spring break and needed a ride back up to Minneapolis. Then we snatched up Kristy from her work and headed north to Minneapolis. When we arrived, the girls dropped me off at the venue for a chaotic sound check with the new and improved Christopher the Conquered supergroup (the drummer Brandon and sax player Donny joined up with us for the last few shows, so I was now playing a stand-up auxiliary percussion kit) with Blowtorch the soundwoman behind the deck. After sound check, Kristy and Madison came back and we indulged in some delicious and extremely filling food courtesy of the Triple Rock (I had the vegan meatloaf dinner, which was mind-blowing) and hung out with Patrick Fleming, who had come up from Ames for the show. Playing our set was especially fun tonight because I had a new mobility that I had not experienced behind the drumset, and was able to run around off stage and have that much more fun. After the show, we went to Pizza Luce to get my favorite pizza in the entire world (its called the Rustler, and I highly recommend eating some if you are ever in Minneapolis) and went back to Nick and Madison's apartment to sleep. I must have been having too much fun at the show to take any pictures, but I did get a few shots of us hanging out with Consuela (Nick and Madison's kitten)... Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment