Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tour Diary #28

March 13th
We slept in pretty late today and then drove to Salt Lake City. Despite the fact that it started raining/snowing (resulting in really heavy, wet snow) when we got there, it was still a sweet city. Since we got there too early to get into the venue, we went to a restaurant down the street where I ate a delicious vegan Philly cheesesteak (I'm really going to miss being able to eat things like this... get with the program Iowa!) and then chilled out at a coffee shop for a little while. By the time we got to the venue, I was in a great mood and ready to have fun, which soon followed when I got to dance to the opening band, Birthquake, who was by far my favorite opening band of the tour and I highly recommend checking out. The crowd was really on fire tonight, there was just an insane amount of energy for all the bands, which always makes it really fun to play. We met some super cool dudes named Ammon and Nick who let us crash on their floor, and Ammon turned out to be a great musician who even played us a song he wrote on piano. I must say, I was very impressed by Salt Lake City!

Mountains

More mountains

The ghost of the Urban Lounge

Leslie hanging with some of her contemporaries

The 9-piece instrumental dance explosion known as Birthquake

No comments:

Post a Comment