Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tour Diary #21

March 5th
Today really made me love my life. Getting to be in one of my favorite places in the world (San Diego) and hang out with two of my favorite people in the world (my aunt EJ and uncle Ron) was fantastic beyond words. Having had only a couple hours worth of driving, we arrived in Solana Beach at their beautiful home in early afternoon and were immediately presented with one of the greatest lunches that I have ever eaten (vegetable lasagna, one of the freshest salads of my life, some of the freshest berries of my life, and some lemons picked directly off of a lemon tree). After lunch, Ron drove us down to the beach where I had the mind-altering experience of being able to completely relax and clear my head while watching and listening to the infinite swell of the ocean. Truly amazing. When we got back to the house, we enjoyed the Koi pond and the great valley view on the back porch before heading to downtown San Diego for our show. We arrived at the Casbah to find a great small club with a ton of character and a very nice, accommodating staff (immediately made me feel back in my element as far as venues go). A very unique band called Lion Cut opened the show dressed as cats and playing cat-themed dance songs, and then we played a very fun set that felt really tight and intimate. It turns out that the people of San Diego are just as great as the city itself.

(couldn't help but take a ton of pictures today)

Chris at a rest area

Yikes

Not sure what these are, but I like 'em

Lunch with Ron and EJ!

The view from their back porch. Ehhh, I guess its not bad.

Purdy flowers

RUBY!!!

Brand new addition to their family, Novie. SO cute!

Koi pond

Lemon tree, first lemons I've ever eaten like I'd eat an orange. So delicious!

Kate and Novie

The whole crew

I guess I was a little excited to see the ocean.

If you lived here, you'd be happy by now

CTC at the beach!

Casbah

The stage.

1 comment: