Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tour Diary #20

March 4th
Good to see ya, California! We had quite a long drive to Los Angeles, but it was well worth it, as we were immediately brought to life by the radiating energy that this city emits. When we got to the venue, we met up with a friend of Nate and Kate (also forefather of the Ames Progressive) named Greg who was super nice, and who later let us stay at his house. Then we took a walk down to the amazing Echo Park around sunset, where we walked around a little pond and watched some ducks attack each other. The venue (Echoplex) was by far the biggest and most state of the art place that we have played so far, which was great, but almost made me feel out of my element a little bit. For the first time, we actually had a separate sound engineer for monitors AND a lighting guy...pretty fancy! Another highlight of the show for me was that my cousin Ali, who I had not seen for probably ten years or more, came out to see me, which was really cool. I'm not sure if it was the fact that we had switched time zones twice in the last couple days, but after our set I completely passed out on the couch in the green room for about an hour. After the show, we crammed ourselves and Greg into our vehicle (that was already over capacity) and drove back to his apartment where we slept and were treated to breakfast in the morning. High spirits all around, a great night.

Haha.

Great California scenery

The magnificent Echo Park

Beautiful

This place is HUUUGE!

My cousin and her friend

Greg slaving over the stove while Nate chills with his new pal, Pico

Pico eating some breakfast with us

No comments:

Post a Comment