Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tour Diary #4

February 16th
Today marked my first ever, much anticipated departure from the good old United States of America. We crossed the Canadian border with relatively little hassle, and even enjoyed a very dryly delivered wisecracks from the woman working in customs while processing our paperwork. A great start to what I would find to be a great country. Upon nearing the city of Toronto, I was taken aback at the sight of one of the greatest skylines I have ever seen. Inside the city, there was an overall feeling of friendliness, which was affirmed in a big way by the insanely warm reception we recieved at the show. We not only sold merch but were also offered a place to sleep BEFORE we even played. Our super friendly host Sam also happened to be a very talented caricature artist, so Leslie asked her to come on stage and draw her in the middle of the set, ripping the half-done sketches out of her hand and tossing them into the crowd before she could finish them. Pretty hilarious. Toronto displayed an overall friendliness and hospitality that could give any Midwestern city a run for its money. Speaking of money, Canadian currency also looks really sweet.

Toronto skyline.

Buildings I kinda like.

Very appetizing. Stopped in for a suckling pig, but there was too long of a wait. Maybe next time.

God did not want me to have a picture of a naked woman on a billboard, so he planted a tree directly in my way when I was driving by trying to get a picture. Prick.

Alley cat that I made friends with. We shall call him Gregory.

Just playin' it cool, the only way I know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment