Friday, February 26, 2010

Tour Diary #12

February 24th
I must admit, I didn't expect Birmingham, Alabama to be one of the coolest cities on the tour. We woke up early so we could drive there and go to the local Fox News studio to see Leslie and the Lys tape a performance for the noon news. It was amazing and hilarious, the whole news staff was super laid back and let us watch the entire news show, and then we got to do out and do some dance moves on a song with Leslie and crew, even though I totally got cut out of the shot (bastards!). You can find the performance here, and I would highly recommend checking it out. Then we had a ton of extra time to go relax at the Bottleneck, which turned out to be an amazing coffee shop by day in addition to a great venue by night. This place had by far the coolest green room area that I have ever seen, with arcade games and such, but was unfortunately basically outside in an enclosed patio, in which is way too cold to hang out. Turns out that we just so happened to be in the south on some of the coldest days that they have seen this season, which is a little bit of a letdown, but I should definitely not complain because it is far nicer than Iowa right now (I miss many things about home, but the weather is not one of them).

The Fox News building

Hey Buttman

The ladies getting prepared to annihilate

The wacky weatherman Mickey Ferguson, ladies and gentlemen!

Tough acts to follow: Auntie Litter, a chef making hot wings, and......

Pet of the Week!

The gang's all here... but Nate is hiding behind Leslie's hair

How many times can I pretend to be a newscaster on this tour? Never gets old, huh?!

Great view out behind the studio. I wasn't trying to look tough by the way, the sun was in my eyes!

The amazing Bottletree

Inside the Bottletree, where all the magic happened


And now, a few of the animals at the house we stayed at (there were 4 dogs and 3 cats, at least that I saw)


OOPS!...

No comments:

Post a Comment